Sunday, November 07, 2010

Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes

As the seasons turn from early fall to full on autumn, pumpkins and spices become the favorite flavors. Another birthday at work, so I asked my co-worker what flavor she would like. Her first answer was "something with pumpkin". I thought to myself, "that's easy enough, especially since I had a recipe I had been waiting to try. After reading the recipe, my only fear was that I didn't know where to find Crystallized Ginger. After talking with my mother, she mentioned an Asain market or a health food store, as ginger is commonly used in Asain foods, or as a tool to help an ailing stomach. I did find the ginger needed for the recipe, after a little searching in the candy aisle of a 99 Ranch Market. The recipe comes from the book Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans.




No comments:

Post a Comment