Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes

Since I've found my "indestructible" chocolate cupcake recipe, I've been wanting to play around with it and see what I can do. Strawberries are definitely in season and go well with chocolate, I decided to try a Chocolate Strawberry concoction! I had to add more flour and baking powder to make sure the cake rised correctly. The first batch, I didn't think to add flour and baking powder, so they came out deflated. The second batch, I did add the extra ingredients and it came out marvelously! The cupcake batter needs to be rather thick, not runny. If it's too runny, add some more flour and rising agent.

The frosting on the other hand.... I talked it over with my mom, and she said to use just the juice, not the whole fruit, because the fruit would continue to leak juices, making the frosting fall apart. This is a necessary part of the frosting!! Instead of the milk in the frosting, use the strawberry juice. If you want chocolate frosting, just add 1/4 - 1/2 C of Dutch Cocoa Powder, to taste. The frosting came out amazing!! Please see the note at the bottom of the recipe in regards to the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment