Sunday, June 13, 2010

Homemade French Fries

Again, not cupcakes, but homemade! These came out tasty, and a VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU to my husband for cleaning up the kitchen after the adventure we had with the French fries.

Information:
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes: However much you want (I used 12 potatoes)

Ingredients:
12 potatoes
1 gallon vegetable oil or peanut oil (I used vegetable oil)

Directions:
1. Preheat the vegetable oil (or peanut oil) in a large pot (or stock pot).
2. Peel the potatoes (if you want), and cut the potatoes.
3. Drop the potatoes into the oil, and set sit for about 3-5 minutes, or until the texture you prefer (crunchy, soft, tender, etc)
4. Pull the potatoes out of the oil and place on a plate with a paper towel.
5. Salt as you like while the potatoes are still a bit wet from the oil.

I used the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer to peel the skin, make curly fries, and make regular fries (from the core, cut into thin strips) and then decided to leave the skins on the curly fries for the second batch. I also took a potato or two and just made big slices, like big round steak fries.

For an this experience, I learned a lot, but I definitely want to make some more, they came out delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment