Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

For a party for three birthdays, I knew I had to make something sweet and tasty! Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, along with his grandmother's, and this past week was my father-in-law's birthday, so the family got together at a local park for a barbecue and good times. I had received an E-mail from my sister about a recipe and was eager to try it, so I did! The recipe can be found here, and I'll explain what I did differently. If I use this recipe again (which I intend to do!) I would love to try adding flavors - to the batter, frosting, and filling. I am considering the following flavors: coffee, caramel, strawberry, cherry, and orange. For the frosting, I used the Wilton recipe for chocolate butter cream used last week for the Banana Chocolate Cupcakes.

A little bit of the cream cheese filling is peeking out!
(front, right)


2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the cupcake tasted great!! Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmy...keep up the good work....im looking forward to try some more :D heehee...and i didnt take any from mayra this time lol hahaha - sam

    ReplyDelete