Saturday, September 04, 2010

Mango Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting



Wow, that's a long title! And that's shortened!! The real title of this post is

Mango and Peach Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes with Macadamia Nut Marzipan Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting

Yep, that's longer!! There's just so much flavor packed into this little cupcake!!

I was asked to make cupcakes by a friend for her mother's surprise birthday luau. As the family had just gotten back from Hawaii a week or so earlier for a mission trip, a Hawaiian themed birthday party was a fantastic idea. But the thought lingered in my mind from the moment I was asked to make the cupcakes (which was before the trip): I need the perfect cupcake recipe; it has to be absolutely amazing and talked about!! So I Googled, and I Googled, and I finally found the perfect recipe here. I read through it, and while it had a lot of ingredients, I didn't like the frosting, so I kept looking, and found a cream cheese frosting recipe here. I chose this recipe over my own (and have added it to the Popular Frostings page) as it called for less powdered sugar, so it wouldn't be super sweet, where the cupcake would be dense and sweet from all of the natural sugars from the fruits. This recipe was rather easy, but the preparation was rather lengthy, but absolutely wonderful.



NOTE: The recipe as I found it does not call for peach, it calls for canned mango, but my local grocery store does not carry canned mango, so I went with peach... Which according to my husband, was a great idea!











3 comments:

  1. These were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was another fine creation from the cupcake crusader! I loved the fruit filling in the middle and the frosting complimented it well. The cake was right on and it all equaled to a great combination.....thanks for keeping smiles on our cupcake eating faces.

    Beau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah I am not a big fan of the Macadamian nuts on top, but that is just me!!! never had the taste for those

    Beau

    ReplyDelete