Saturday, October 09, 2010

Homemade Baked Apples

I've never had this before, but I've seen a lot of different recipes for baked apples, so I must assume its an East Coast thing? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! Since I have plenty of apples, I decided to try this recipe out! I haven't tried one yet (the pie is just too good to stop eating), but according to my brother-in-law, he likes the recipe!

Information:
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 9 small apples or 6 large apples

Ingredients:
9 small apples or 6 large apples*
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C water


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Core the apples - do not peel or slice them.
3. Peel a 1 inch thick strip around the middle of the apple.
4. In a small or medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, allspice, and cinnamon.
5. Pack the cored apple with the brown sugar mixture, as hard-packed as you can get it.
6. Place the packed apples into a deep dish baker, and pour a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan to just cover the bottom of the pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, basting the apples in juices frequently.
8. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream.
9. Store in a closed container in the fridge and microwave for a midnight treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment