Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pistachio Cupcakes

For St. Patrick's Day, I was asked to make cupcakes by a friend of mine, and she wanted them themed. Not a problem! My first instinct for St. Patrick's Day was my Guinness & Chocolate Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting. One thing: the cupcakes were for kids. Hmmm.... What to do. green cupcakes with green frosting! No problem. I googled for almost an hour and kept coming across Green Velvet Cupcakes, but I didn't have nearly enough green food coloring on hand, so I passed. I started to think of what I had on hand that was green. I found a box or two of Pistachio Pudding, and googled a recipe for that. Guess what! I found one! 

The recipe was SUPER easy, and while constructing, I double and triple checked this recipe and noticed it has a LOT of liquids. But my husband assured me it would be fine, because of the pudding. (Just as an aside... My husband is always right!) I made a few modifications: 

1.) I didn't have "mini chocolate chips", so I put chocolate chips into my food processor and let it run for a while. This chopped my chips into smaller pieces, worked great! 

2.) Halfway through the recipe I realized I didn't have any vegetable oil. (Used it all for frying corndogs for my birthday.) So I did some research: it's possible to substitute canola oil for vegetable oil, no conversions necessary! So I did. 





No comments:

Post a Comment