Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Cinnamon & Cappuccino Cupcakes

I've done this recipe a couple of times, and every time I do it differently. I found this recipe in the Instruction Manual of my KitchenAid stand mixer. It's been talked about from coast to coast by my husband's grandmother who cannot stop talking about it! This time, I decided to forgo the coffee whipped cream, and make a whipped ganache topping. I have never made ganache before, so I'm hoping it came out tasty! I made a triple batch for a co-worker's birthday, and came out with 41 cupcakes.

Cupcakes:
Information:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 13 cupcakes (a baker's dozen!)

Ingredients:
1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/3 C sugar
3 eggs
3/4 C milk
1 tbsp & 2 tsp instant espresso or coffee
2 tbsp Pampered Chef Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle
1 3/4 C unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whip the butter and slowly add the sugar until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Continue mixing on a slower speed, and add one egg at a time, 15 seconds apart.
4. Mix the milk and espresso or coffee and cinnamon sprinkle until completely mixed, and set aside.
5. In a different large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt.
6. Mix the flour mixture with the sugar and egg mixture along with the milk mixture, switching between the flour mixture and the milk mixture beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl if necessary.
7. Spoon the batter into cupcake wrappers up to an inch from the top.
8. Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.

Frosting:

I used leftover (frozen) glaze, found here, heated it in a double boiler until smooth, added two to three tablespoons of instant coffee and Saigon cinnamon (instead of the sprinkle). Because I don't know how much glaze I had, I really can't say the ratio, but to taste. Always start out with less than you think and taste it. It's always easier to add more than to take it out. I cooled the hot glaze and then whipped the cooled glaze into a whipped ganache. After double checking the recipe for the glaze, it includes butter... So we are going to hope the whipped ganache holds.

2 comments:

  1. OMG these were so good.
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    You go girl lol
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very yummy!!! Thanks! Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete