Saturday, July 24, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

I was inspired by Tanya yet again! She made red velvet cupcakes the other day, and I have been meaning to try a homemade recipe. I was recently told by a friend that she has made both boxed red velvet and homemade red velvet, and she will choose the box every time. After trying one of these red velvet cupcakes from scratch (which is something I never do!) I think I'm going to have to make homemade red velvet from now on! The recipe was easy, and man these cupcakes taste AMAZING!!!

When I decided I wanted to do this recipe, I didn't know if I had regular cocoa powder, but I knew I had Dutch cocoa powder, so I googled "Red Velvet Cupcakes with Dutch Cocoa" and found the recipe here.  I made a 1 1/2 batch of cupcakes and a double batch of frosting (because I never have enough frosting). All of the measurements are for a single batch of cupcakes, which makes 15 cupcakes.








All in all, this recipe was VERY easy and VERY tasty!!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, these look great! But I'm sure you don't need 1 cup of vanilla. Is it 1 tsp or 1 tbsp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch that! Thank you, Pam! I have updated it, as it should have been 1 tsp.

    ReplyDelete